Thursday, September 30, 2010

Concept Map

For this concept map I decided to tackle my understanding and interpretation of the universe. Sounds daunting right? Well for me, interpreting and understanding the universe is something of an obsession. I was an observant young boy and have been taking mental note of human behavior since then. My understanding of man early on only allowed me to ask deeper questions. Such as; scientists argue that nature always seeks to maintain balance. In an ecosystem that has been developed for billions of years, the maintenance of balance is the objective. Thus if scientists argue that humans are just an evolutionary byproduct and thus just a natural concoction, would it make sense that we humans, as a natural conception, would disturb this balance by polluting, overusing natural resources, and getting rid of whole ecosystems. Nature would never create an animal that would be detrimental to its existence right? Moreover, scientists claim that man has had a hand in destroying and tipping this balance, an example of this claim is global warming. Hence, isn't it a paradox to believe that nature is self preserving, yet also claim that a naturally conceived species such as Man, can be detrimental to the natural processes that created it? Sorry to get sooo off track, but it makes you wonder lol. Thus with this concept map, I jotted down some key words that came to mind when I pondered about how the Universe works.

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, unfortunately I left my camera back home in Providence and I had to take the picture with my cheap camera phone.





No comments:

Post a Comment