Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mind Maps





Background: I decided to take the same route that Professor O’Connell undertook in her example and decided to base my mind maps around a business. The central theme is Zenuj, which is the name of my friend’s up and coming jewelry line. My intentions while drawing out the first map were to get on paper what Zenuj entails and its potential growth. My second map elaborated more so on the future of Zenuj and the processes necessary to make it a success.

Map 1: So I started out by writing Zenuj in the middle of the piece of paper and bordered it with a rectangle. From there I expanded by jotting down words that came to mind when I thought of Zenuj. From these categories I expanded onto smaller categories. Thus what I ended up with was a broad definition of what Zenuj represents. I waited half an hour and went back to draw in little caricatures to emphasize what I thought was important. (Aha!) After finishing, I realized that my choice of crayons was not the best choice to write out words in since it proved a little difficult to read.

Map 2: (Aha!) The next day, I went back to look at my map and realized that I had dedicated a good portion of my map to the future of Zenuj. Thus, I decided to make it the main theme of my second map and my central theme became “Zenuj, the potential”. I bordered this with a cloudy sphere, since in essence; the future of Zenuj is still a dream. Behind the central theme I drew a sun barely peeking out. This to me translates the notion that although Zenuj’s future is still a dream, we have the sun behind us and the future is bright. Above the sun I drew rain clouds being blown away by the wind. Carrying out this metaphor the branches of the map were the suns fiery rays which focused on the future of Zenuj and what it would take be successful.
Conclusion: After finishing this exercise I realized that a successful future for Zenuj is definitely feasible. (Aha!) The maps made it easier to understand the simultaneous juggling of different factors related to achieving this success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment