Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flow Charts

I kept once principle in mind while creating these flow charts; use the simplest symbols possible. Keeping this in mind I set out to create these flow charts and was determined to keep them concise but still entailing of vital information. I tried to do the flow chart on excel, however my lack of computer competence obstructed my efforts.



On the first flow chart (buying book on amazon), I actually went through and did the process to familiarize myself with it. After going through and actually coming to crossroads I decided to jot down on a piece a notebook paper exactly what I did. I did it once as a returning customer and a second time as a new customer ( I actually had to create a new gmail account to attain this experience). After establishing comfort with the process I started the flow chart. I tried to use as much as the paper as possible and to make it symmetric. Unfortunately I ended up with a blank space in the upper right corner that I wish I had used. The flow of the chart is actually easy to read however, and I did find escapes for the loops that stemmed from decisions. I only used a diamond when I came across a diamondesque situation when going through the process myself.


Again, on the second flow chart I used the exact same approach. I went through and actually tried the process myself to familiarize myself with it. I jotted down my steps, and again while simultaneously keeping in mind to use the simplest symbols possible, I created this. A flow chart with no diamond, I hope its still a flow chart. The reason I drew it out as so was because this process worked successfully for me while running a search. Thus, I excluded the usage of a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment