Thursday, December 2, 2010

Storyboard

I decided to begin with the required one pic storyboard and construct a central theme from the energy and emotion in the picture. I decided to choose the one with the four men walking in what appears to be a sand storm.

I do have a penchant for writing poetry and decided to make the narration for this picture abstract and reflective. Thus I made the required picture the beginning and built upon the central theme of what I abstracted was hope with associative photos I found on google.

I went with the theme of barren landscape and the hope for a brighter better future. It's almost synonymous with the plight of immigrants.
I used the transition of scene to scene a lot in this example.

For the second storyboard I chose the picture of the children playing soccer and of the little girl peeking through some bushes. I decided to make this one a little more light-hearted and focused on subject to subject transitions with the use of 1st person diaglouge.
I built around the central theme of gender identification in a typical suburban setting. The mom is angry at the daughter for wanting to play a sport, while simultaneously feeling proud of her son who participates in the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment